There’s never a bad time to have a plate of this delicious bruschetta topping on toasted bread. Whether you’re looking for a well-loved party snack or tea-time appetizer, this bruschetta recipe will have your guests coming back for seconds!
Here’s what you’ll need to enjoy a plate of homemade bruschetta:
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 of a large red onion
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 tsp. basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: sprinkle in some Italian seasoning if you don’t keep dried basil and oregano on hand!
- Begin by adding olive oil and herbs to a small dish. Stir and let sit to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Halve or quarter the cherry tomatoes to your liking and add them to your serving dish.
- Chop the red onion and stir into the tomato halves and quarters.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice to the olive oil mixture and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the new balsamic herb mix over the tomatoes and onion before adding the mozzarella pearls and giving a good mix.
Bruschetta can be enjoyed fresh or after being stored in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors marinate. I recommend that you prepare it a few hours before you intend on enjoying it to let the flavors really develop, but if you stir it a few times while it sits, you could lower the wait time significantly.
Enjoy this recipe up to three days after you’ve made it for peak freshness. It will likely be safe on day four if you’ve properly stored it in the fridge, but give it a taste test before topping it on your toast!
Leave a Reply