I’ve whipped up another dip recipe just in time for Father’s Day. It’s perfect for chips and dip and even smeared on Triscuit crackers. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this!
I used the Chipotle Chicken Dust available at Cotton & Co. Vintage Boutique in the Maryland general store. As a vendor there, I love to try the different flavors available to us in the general store as they all support small businesses in our community. I could imagine using their chicken dust in many cheese dips but I prefer chipotle seasoning in my homemade corn dip.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. chipotle chicken dust
- 1 tsp. fajita seasoning
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese blend (4-cheese, parmesan, cheddar, Colby jack, etc.)
- 1 cup corn (fresh off the cob or canned
- Place the pad of butter in a cast-iron skillet on low heat. When melted, add corn and let it sit on one side for a minute before stirring.
- Once the corn has cooked for about 2 minutes, add the flour and stir. It will bond with the butter, so add the milk shortly after and stir to combine.
- Add the sour cream to the corn mix, along with your seasonings. Once the mixture is smooth, add your cheese blend. It is important to continuously stir while on the heat or it is prone to burning.
- Take off the heat once the mixture is completely melted and there is no separation between the cheese and sour cream.
- Pour into a heat-safe dish and serve with chips, crackers, or on toast.
This recipe is so versatile as it could be served on toast, crackers, chips, or even baked potato! I love how the bold chipotle flavor pairs with the corn while not being too strong. Our family is already partway through the batch of this dip that I made earlier this week and I’m sure with close family over, we’ll manage to get through another batch!
Leave a Reply