There’s lots to do and not a lot of time to plan before you embark on your next journey through adulthood. Find all the latest posts focused on time management, office organization, and preparedness coming straight from a college student herself!
Whether you’re staying local, moving across the country, or taking online courses this semester, you won’t want to do it without a few key pieces of advice.
Get the latest scoop from Shannon by visiting the TUO College Advice Guide on Instagram!
- Spring Cleaning Your Inbox!It’s finally spring cleaning time, which quickly becomes overwhelming if not broken into small tasks. One way to break down your cleaning schedule is by switching between a physical and digital detox!
- 10 Journal Entries for Self-DiscoveryResponding to a variety of writing prompts will help you think deeper about your emotions, wants, needs and priorities as well as provide a productive pastime. Journaling doesn’t just mean responding to prompts you find online! It can mean making lists of future goals, accomplishments you’re proud of, or even your favorite highlighted moments of … Read more
- Preparing to Ace Those Pesky Standardized Exams!The night before my SAT, I questioned why I signed up for the test a month prior to the majority of my peers, and felt overwhelmed by the idea of getting a bad score. Yet somehow, I managed to walk into the testing room radiating confidence and walked out with just as much! I want … Read more
- How to Deal with Burnout as a StudentRegardless of what age, where you live, how many classes you are taking, or how stressful your job may or may not be… This is for YOU! If you keep up with my social media, you may already know that I am a high school senior taking on a few college classes this year to … Read more
- Sustainable Meals for StudentsAugust is here and we all know what that means… School is right around the corner. As an incoming college freshman, I wouldn’t expect myself to have advice for people going through things for the first time as me, but schooling will be a little different this year. I spent my senior year of high … Read more
- How to Keep A Planner for More Than Two Weeks!We’ve officially survived 2020 and made it to 2021! With the buzz of the new year comes the opportunity to rethink our values and promise to get our shit together in the next 365 days. For some, this means starting a new good habit or indulging in a favorite hobby. For me, it means breaking … Read more
- Preparing for Your Second Semester!Life as a college student in 2020 wasn’t easy, but we’ve finally made it to 2021 and can take a breath of relief. Or can we? My second semester is fast approaching and there is much to do to feel prepped and ready for another round of classes. Here’s what I do to prep for … Read more
- Getting Over Test Anxieties Before an ExamWhether it’s a class that is notoriously rigorous or just a subject you struggle with, there will be times when you feel unprepared and anxious over an exam.
- 8 Ways to Declutter to Make Space for ChangeWith the New Year still fresh in our minds, it’s easy to get wrapped up in trying to reach our goals and yearn for noticeable change within a month. However, this is not a sustainable way of finding the drive that it will take to actually reach those goals. Change comes with time and consistency, … Read more