Ordering pizza often ends with a greasy mess that won’t be any good by morning. Indulge in a healthy and delicious alternative to your usual takeout with this homemade pizza recipe.
Here’s the perfect kid-friendly recipe that will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Keep the kids occupied!
With the nephews over for the weekend, lunchtime came and we needed something hands-on for the little ones. Having them help in the process of making their food makes them more willing to try new things.
The boys had a great time helping spoon the sauce onto the bread and sprinkle cheese on top before picking out lots of yummy toppings! They were involved in most of the process and were excited to dig in once the pizza came out of the oven.
If you’ve got a picky eater or want to introduce veggies on pizza with your child, try it with an interactive lunch like this one so they get to be involved in the process!
Here’s everything you’ll need for this delicious pizza recipe!
- Naan bread or Greek pita flatbreads
- Homemade or storebought tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Spray coconut oil
- Parchment paper
- Green peppers
- Sliced mushrooms
- Black olives
- Feta Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- Place naan bread or pita flatbreads on oiled parchment paper.
- Spread two large spoonfuls of tomato sauce on the bread, leaving a quarter to half-inch of space around the edge to act as a crust.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce and add toppings of choice.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust begins to turn golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Eat before it cools and enjoy!
This naan pizza was super easy to make and was a great way to get my nephews involved with making lunch. It’s kid-friendly and delicious for the adults, so be sure to add naan bread to your grocery list!
If you haven’t already, sign up for The Untamed Optimist emails to be reminded when the next post is uploaded. There’s a mouthwatering sneak peek on my Instagram for those that follow!