There’s nothing better than the balance of sweet and savory on your plate. Try this berry toast topping the next time you’re looking for a quick breakfast or snack with fresh ingredients!
If you want to match the flavor of the toast pictured, use sourdough. This isn’t necessary though, as this topping tastes great on all sorts of toast types.
- 3 medium/2 large strawberries
- 8-10 blueberries
- 1.5 tbsp. honey
- 2 pieces of your toast of choice
- Begin by rinsing the berries and removing stems when necessary.
- Grab a shallow dish or saucer and a fork to mash the berries. For strawberries, it is easier to cut the top off and push the fork straight down on the point of the berry. For blueberries, push straight down under the grated part of the fork and drag to tear the skin.
- Add 3/4 of a tbsp. of honey to the berries and mix into the mashed berry pulp.
- Spread on the toast using the back of the fork.
- Enjoy while the toast is still warm for the best experience!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast in a pinch and if you don’t have a large appetite in the morning. If you need more food to keep you feeling fueled until lunchtime, definitely put more on your plate.
Everyone’s breakfast looks different, but this can be your go-to pick whether you’re looking for simplicity or good taste!
If you’re looking for more inspiration to satisfy your cravings, check out the full collection of breakfast recipes by the Untamed Optimist using the button below!
Leave a Reply