With blueberries at the peak of their season, I couldn’t stop myself from trying out a new recipe!
Here’s the perfect vegan breakfast that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you full all morning long!
This recipe makes enough pancakes for the whole family and with all the added health benefits, you won’t be complaining when they ask for seconds!
Looking to a little flare to your Sunday morning family breakfast? Look no further! The blueberry topping recipe included at the bottom of this post is sure to have this dish included in the #CleanPlateClub.
I’ll definitely be making these more often now that cooler weather is on its way, plus they make great breakfasts before a busy day of school and can be made as a morning meal prep!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 cup rolled oats (food-processed, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup vegan greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Plain Greek yogurt will keep the batter from getting too sweet. Vanilla is also subtle.
Don’t leave them in your refrigerator for longer than three days or so, as it contains perishable.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir in oat milk and vegan greek yogurt.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, careful not to mix too much. No one wants a flat pancake!
- Add 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to your batter, careful not to over-stir. This results in a flatter pancake, so folding in extra ingredients is the way to go!
- In a pan on low to medium heat, pour a small amount of batter and let sit until small bubbles rise to the top.
- Flip when the edges turn golden brown and the top side of your pancake is full of bubbles.
- The second side of your pancake will cook much faster than the other, so stay attentive!
- Serve with fresh blueberries, maple syrup, and powdered sugar as preferred. Enjoy!
Blueberry Maple Syrup Topping
Check out my recipe for the caramelized blueberry topping I used for these pancakes by clicking the button below! It takes less than 5 minutes and you can make it in the same pan as your pancakes, just give it a quick rinse beforehand.